Hermes Law’s innovative Collaborative Resolution Program recognizes that many times, the best resolution is a quick one. When we receive a case, rather than immediately engaging in formal discovery, we gauge opposing counsel’s receptiveness to collaborative resolution through informal document exchange and settlement negotiations. We work to resolve the claim as quickly and fairly as possible. To do this, we work to:
- Discuss goals up front with opposing counsel.
- Informally obtain information needed to evaluate the claim.
- Seek a demand from opposing counsel immediately so settlement can be evaluated.
- Evaluate the plaintiff’s case within the first 15 days.
- Engage in interest-based negotiations with opposing counsel to maximize the chance of resolution.
- Streamline settlement agreement and dismissal document drafting, exchange, and filing with the goal of closing your file in 60 days.
- Conduct post-case metric-driven analysis to track results of the approach.
DBA Headnotes – Collaborative Law Strategies for the Insurance Defense Practice