Insurance Defense/Coverage Attorney 3+ years
Hermes Law, P.C, a new generation law firm located in Uptown Dallas that serves the risk industry with excellence in legal services. Our experienced attorneys and legal staff are dedicated to delivering results consistent with our client goals and to providing transparent, metric-driven case management throughout the life-cycle of every case. Hermes Law is one of the first firms of its kind to disrupt the traditional practice of law by designing an integrated technology stack to automate case administration and a streamlined workflow to enable concentration on legal expertise all in an open space designed to promote collaboration and elevated client service. Hermes Law is a proud affiliate of The Harmonie Group, an exclusive national network of independent law firms.
We are an experienced, diverse, innovative, and focused close-knit team that is passionate about achieving our clients’ goals. We are currently seeking an Attorney to join our team. The successful candidate must be a reliable and detail-oriented individual with great communication and organizational skills.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies.
- Present evidence to represent clients in civil litigation.
- Handle first-party coverage claims for property damage.
- Defend Chapter 541/542 claims.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Study and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- Present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Prepare legal briefs and opinions and file appeals in state and federal courts of appeal.
- Analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending lawsuit.
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
- Advise clients concerning business transactions, claim liability, advisability of defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Negotiate settlements of civil disputes.
- Supervise legal assistants.
- Perform administrative functions as needed related to the practice of law.
- Juris Doctor
- 3 plus years of experience in litigation (Insurance Defense)
- 3 plus years of experience handling coverage matters
- Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Clio
- Texas Bar License
If you are interested in joining our team please email: firstname.lastname@example.org